ITI Fitter Trade:
NSQF LEVEL – 5
ITI Fitter Trade is a 2-year-long professional course where candidates are trained in employability skills like types of fittings like structure fittings, Pipe fittings and Machine fittings. Jobs after ITI Fitter Trade include Fitter, Welder, Operator, Technician, Trainer, etc.
ITI Fitter, is a 2-year professional technical course, where candidates are taught about various types of fittings. It is a branch of mechanicals in which they are provided with the knowledge to fit different types of Pipes, Machines, Structures, and similar components.
According to Wikipedia, a “ Fitter is a person who puts together or installs machinery, engine parts, or other equipment”
Job Roles After Training
Trainer, Pipe Fitter, Lathe Machine Operator, Hardware Fitter, Technician, etc.
Who Should Pursue an ITI Fitter Trade?
Candidates who are interested in working on heavy machinery, Fitting works at residential and commercial places, etc can opt for the ITI Fitter Trade course.
The major goal of the ITI Fitter Trade program is to prepare applicants to be responsive and gain expert knowledge in the field, as well as to be employable in a short period of time.
When to do ITI Fitter Trade?
Typically, it makes sense for ITI Fitter Trade aspirants to apply for their respective courses immediately after completing their 10th. They can also work and pursue this course in correspondence.
However, students will have to go through one of the many entrance examinations prescribed by national, state, or private institutions
Duration of ITI fitter course:
The ITI Fitter course is of 2 years, divided into 4 semesters of six months.
In every semester you are given different knowledge of theory and practical and finally different exam is also taken.
As you know there is more emphasis on practical knowledge under the ITI course, here also under this course you have a class of 6 hours a day, which consists of 4 hours of practical and 2 hours of theory class.
The course of ITI Fitter is related to fittings like Pipe fittings, Machine fitting, and structure fittings are the main working areas, on which a fitter works. In easy words, one can say that a technician who puts together or installs Machinery, plants, machines, and other mechanical products is called a fitter.
ITI Electrician Trade
NSQF LEVEL – 5
During the two years duration of Electrician trade a candidate is trained on professional skills & knowledge, Engineering Drawing, Workshop Calculation & Science and Employability skill related to job role. In addition to this a candidate is entrusted to undertake project work and extracurricular activities to build up confidence.
Electrician trade under CTS is one of the most popular courses delivered nationwide through network of ITIs. The course is of two years duration. It mainly consists of Domain area and Core area. The Domain area (Trade Theory & Practical) impart professional skills and knowledge, while Core area (Employability Skills) impart requisite core skill, knowledge and life skills.After passing out of the training programme, the trainee is awarded National Trade Certificate (NTC) by DGT which is recognized worldwide.
This ITI trade Electrician is perfectly design to fulfill industrial requirement of Indian Industries as well as International industries.
- Electricians have a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs.
- After successful completion of this course, Electricians can aspire to become Electrical Contractors by acquiring the ‘B” license from the Electrical License Board.
- They can set up their own Rewinding and servicing of Domestic Equipment shop.
- Job opportunities are wide open in Defense, Railways, Transport, Ship Building, Electricity Board, various Industries etc
- They can also go for further higher studies after successful completion of course.
- Students who have completed this course have found employment in the following areas:
- Service/Maintenance Technician for domestic appliances in Reputed Companies
- Winder of Electrical Motors in winding shop
- Contractor for domestic wiring and industrial wiring
- Armature winder of Electrical fans and motors
- Electrical appliance repair in electrical shops
- Indian Railway (Asst. Driver, Tech. Gr. III, Apprentices)
- Local Electricity Board
- Assembler of Electrical control Gears
- Telephone Department
- Installation and Testing division of Auditorium and Cinema Hall
- As Instructor in Govt./Private ITI/ITC
- Merchant Navy
- Indian Air Force
- Self-Employment in Service Centre